The health and safety of my customers, as well as myself, is paramount at all times.
In order to fully comply with the UK Government’s guidelines for the resumption of ‘close contact’ services following the COVID-19 pandemic, I have undertaken a further risk assessment of my working procedures during August 2021.
A COVID-safe risk assessment for Hairdressers
As a result of this COVID-safe risk assessment, I have made certain adjustments to my services. These will be in place until we are informed by Public Health England and UK Government that it is completely safe to no longer require them.
COVID-safe procedures at Sally’s Children’s Hairdressers
- All clients will be required to use hand sanitisation on entry and exit of the salon
- From 19 July 2021, there is no longer a legal requirement to wear face coverings in indoor settings. Despite this, the government expects and recommends that people continue to wear a face covering in enclosed spaces. Where worn correctly, this may reduce the risk of transmission to themselves and others. Although I can no longer insist on the wearing of face coverings, I would appreciate customers (over 11yrs) and parents/carers doing so.
- I will be wearing a face visor for all appointments
- Children under the age of 11 are not covered by this law and therefore are not required to wear a face covering unless you feel it is appropriate to do so.
- Regular and thorough cleaning of the salon with an anti-bacterial spray will take place
- Cutting stations and chairs to be wiped-down and sanitised during each changeover
- All equipment will be sanitised during each client changeover
- Towels and gowns will be washed on a high temperature daily
- Services will be carried out strictly by appointment only, no walk-ins will be accepted
- There is a seated area by the window where two people can sit or if preferred (and weather permitting) seating will be available outside
- Only one parent or carer to accompany the child(ren) coming for a haircut
- If you need to bring a sibling because of lack of childcare availability, this will be acceptable.
- No toys will be provided or be available
- Appointments will be a 20 or 40-minute service slot with a 10 minute changeover period, so I have time to sanitise and clean stations and equipment ready for the next client.
I appreciate your co-operation with these new procedures and requirements. I reserve the right to terminate an appointment if I consider a client is not cooperating with them.