The health and safety of my customers, as well as myself, is paramount at all times.
In order to fully comply with the UK Government’s guidelines for the resumption of ‘close contact’ services following the COVID-19 pandemic, I have undertaken a risk assessment of my working procedures during June 2020.
A COVID-safe risk assessment for Hairdressers
As a result of this COVID-safe risk assessment, I have made certain adjustments to my services. These will be in place until we are informed by Public Health England and UK Government that it is safe to no longer require them.
COVID-safe procedures at Sally’s Children’s Hairdressers
- All clients will be required to use hand sanitisation on entry and exit of the salon
- I will be wearing a face visor for all appointments and your children will not be required to wear a face covering, unless you feel it is appropriate to do so.
- If a parent or carer wishes to wear a face-covering this is optional
- Regular and thorough cleaning of the salon with an anti-bacterial spray will take place
- Cutting stations and chairs to be wiped-down and sanitised during each changeover
- All equipment will be sanitised during each client changeover
- Towels and gowns will be washed on a high temperature daily
- Services will be carried out strictly by appointment only, no walk-ins will be accepted
- There is a seated area by the window where two people can sit or if preferred (and weather permitting) seating will be available outside
- Only one parent or carer to accompany the child(ren) coming for a haircut
- If you need to bring a sibling because of lack of childcare availability, this will be acceptable.
- No toys will be provided or be available
- Appointments will be a 20 or 40-minute service slot with a 10 minute changeover period, so I have time to sanitise and clean stations and equipment ready for the next client.
I appreciate your co-operation with these new procedures and requirements. I reserve the right to terminate an appointment if I consider a client is not cooperating with them.